Thursday, January 13, 2011

Save the Date!


I am so happy to announce that I will be be having a crafty Breast Cancer Fundraiser during Breast Cancer Awareness month in October. As a store manager my company always is heavily involved in fundraising for this worthy cause. My company used to turn it's funds over to other charities such as the Susan G. Komen Foundation, but recently we have been donating our funds directly to actual research projects. We have also have purchased and helped maintain Mammobiles, portable mammogram stations. Lately though it has been difficult to raise money so I was thinking outside the box for Breast Cancer this year. I have been doing a small craft event for the last four years, but this one is going to be over the top (I hope!) and will help raise in a day, what might take me the whole month at the store. Now, I know it's way too early to start promoting it, but I just couldn't help putting it out there! I will be teaching a class and so will Karin Aguirre Smolinski. Not only is Karin amazingly creative (check out her blog here), but she is a breast cancer survivor herself. And of course we will be having this event at my Moms lovely home in Anaheim. My Mom is a 5 year Breast cancer survivor too. I know it has effected so many of us, in so many ways. I just remember thinking when my Mom told me she had breast cancer, that it wasn't the death sentence it used to be. Karin, my mom and so many others are proof. I hope you will join me. If you click on this link, you can send me and email to be be alerted when the registration opens. It will be limited to 20 ladies this year, but I hope we can grow it into a huge event someday!
-Denise

2 comments:

  1. I think this is wonderful! I am off to email you so I can get my name on the list. I am a Survivor :)

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie,
    This is a wonderful idea. YAY! I love it that you and Karin are doing this.
    xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete